If you surf the web on any day, you’ll see countless articles about social media and digital. It seems that traditional media has heaved its last breath, but the reality is that this couldn’t be further from the truth.
For instance, according to a study completed by MarketingSherpa, 8 in 10 consumers trust print and televisions advertising when considering a purchase. 76 percent still have faith in direct mail and 71 percent in radio.
Of course, it’s essential to be on social media and marketing digitally, but we’re not entirely done with traditional media outlets such as print newspapers, magazines, newsletters, trade shows, direct mail, billboards, television, and radio. Even though the expenses are higher for traditional media, there are still some excellent reasons for your nonprofit, school, church or civic group to consider this as part of your overall marketing efforts.
Why should you still bother with traditional media?
- Did you know that online pop-up ads are the least trusted forms of advertising? It’s because they are annoying! People don’t like to be paying attention to something only to have a pop-up interrupt what they’re reading, which requires them to look at the ad before they can close it.
- Traditional media helps organizations and group target their local geographical audience, which would be more inclined to be familiar with your brand. Look at your local newspapers, radios and other media outlets in your community to discover great ways to get your message to your local community.
- Traditional media can help complement your online efforts, and it assists in reinforcing messaging. The reality is that today’s supporters respond to messaging in different ways. And if they see your marketing efforts via traditional media methods, it only bolsters what they may be seeing from you online.
- Traditional media can create a bridge between that type of marketing and your efforts online, for instance by featuring your website URL in your advertising.
How can you leverage traditional media?
- Develop short and strategic calls to action by developing and promoting different landing pages for your campaigns. You want to be as targeted as possible, and you can create various landing pages associated with your website URL so you can ensure that your message is on target.
- Ensure that your website URL, social media accounts, and pages are prominently featured on your traditional media advertising.
- Create campaign codes that you place on your print advertising efforts so you can get a sense of how your efforts are performing.
- Make it a point to ensure that your look, color, fonts, feel and entire campaign look consistent between your traditional media and online marketing.
Find out more!
If you’d like to learn more quick tips about how to efficiently use traditional media, watch Joe’s video and see what he has to say about the topic.
© 2017 Funds2Orgs. All Rights Reserved.