A child has so many dreams….
I want to be a doctor.
I want to be a teacher.
I want to be an astronaut.
I want to be President.
A child waiting for adoption has another dream as well….
I want love and a family.
Today, you have the opportunity to help make the dream of that child waiting for an adoptive family. It’s easy. America World Adoption and its division, One Orphan, have partnered with Funds2Orgs for unique shoe drive fundraising ideas. Funds2Orgs is the pre-eminent social enterprise in North America for shoe drives. A shoe fundraiser is special, just like all children. It focuses only on collecting gently worn, used and new shoes to raise funds. One Orphan is then issued a check by Funds2Orgs for each shoe drive fundraiser that is successfully completed.
We are asking AWAA champions and supporters to please do a shoe drive fundraiser to benefit One Orphan. It doesn’t require donating money. It only requires a little time and shoes, and you get the unparalleled support of the Funds2Orgs team.
The money our champions raise goes to help support children waiting for adoption in 9 countries around the world with AWAA. It takes care of their medical and dental care, education and schooling, clothes and even the travel expenses when they find an eternal family to adopt them.
When you join the One Orphan division at AWAA, you help the dreams of children waiting for adoption come true. Here’s how:
- AWAA operates in 9 countries and Funds2Orgs in dozens of developing nations. When you decide to become a champion for One Orphan’s “Shoes4Dreams” campaign, you join a global effort to help children around the world.
- Our One Orphan Champions are leaders in helping us fundraise by leading fundraising campaigns collecting gently worn, used and new shoes. This can be done effectively within schools and church communities where there are many families!
- Upon the completion of every shoe drive event, Funds2Orgs pays One Orphan for the footwear collected. That means you never have to ask for money from your friends, family, and community. All you have to do in this creative fundraiser is ask for their gently worn, used and new shoes.
- Not only does the One Orphan division of AWAA raise money for children waiting for adoption, there are also two additional benefits.
- The shoes help families around the world. The footwear is consolidated and shipped by Funds2Orgs to micro-entrepreneurs (small business owners) in developing nations. These families seek an economic path out of poverty. The shoes you collect help them with their small businesses so they can provide a living wage for their children and families.
- Did you know annually in the U.S. alone that over 600 million shoes are thrown into landfills? This is harmful to the planet and health. A single shoe can take as long as 80 years to decompose. And, as shoes break-down, they release toxins into the air.
Take a moment to see what people are saying about our shoe drive partner. Funds2Orgs is committed to giving you what you need to make sure your shoe drive is a success, with no out-of-pocket costs.
- You receive the support of a dedicated team of fundraising coaches to personally help you.
- You get the shoe collection material, including bags and rubber bands.
- You are provided with the digital marketing and promotion material to brand for your fundraiser.
- One of the members of the Funds2Orgs driving team is assigned to pick up the shoes.
- A check is issued to One Orphan within 2 business days of processing at the Funds2Orgs depot.
How can You become a One Orphan Champion or get more information?
It’s easy! Just click Get Started below.